Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Silver plated Butter Dish and Silver plated Tray HELP!




As you can see to the left is the hallmarks for a Silver Plated Butter dish. I am looking for some information about this markings.  I do not know what any of them mean.  Can someone help me to understand what they mean?




Here is the Butter Dish in question.
















 I also have a Silver Plated  Serving Tray. I am not able to scan or take pictures of the hallmarks on the tray.  Some of the hallmarks and signatures are hard to see.  Some of them have just about worn off.  on the bottom center of the tray you will find a signature of  "LE  NAPD".  Under the top signature I see an "IF", Then under the all the signature there is a "Kings crown"(the crown is not like the one above. don't know what this means). This has a rectangle around it with rounded edges, Then in the middle it looks like a shield around a "star" and next to the star it looks like to two "triangles"(it reminds me of a kite the way it looks ) and under the triangles and star it looks like a pair of "glasses". On the end is another rectangle with round edges and in side that is a lion(I know this means it is British). Under everything on top is the letters "CA".  You will see a picture of the silver plated tray below.


I will appreciate any help that you can give me.  Thank you for taking the time to view my items and thank you for taking the time to help me with my solving this mystery.  I hope all of you have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. Your butter dish is made by the Sheridan Silver Co., Taunton, MA. It originated in 1944 as the C&C Silver Company and was incorporated in 1946 as Sheridan Silver Co. Inc.

    ReplyDelete